Friday 6 June 2014

A Country Garden

Hi everyone!

    Welcome to a summery creation! I was having some fun with some Artistic Outpost stamps here and messing around with some Distress paints and inks....when I began this I didn't really have any ideas at all - I just was having some paint/ink/stamping fun.....



     First I covered the tag with bundled Sage DI. Then I stencilled some Tattered Rose DP through a harlequin stencil.


A brick stencil was used on the other side of the tag using Pumice stone DI. I also used a doily and honeycomb stencil...


Then I began stamping with a mix of archival and distress inks - I used Fern Green and Potting Soil Archival ink and Bundled Sage and Frayed Burlap Distress inks





   The quote was stamped with Potting Soil Archival ink onto card that was coloured with Tattered Rose and Bundled Sage Distress ink.


A die cut flower was attached having been inked with Frayed Burlap DI and had a bronze brad attached


    I used some butterfly tissue tape and added some crochet lace to the bottom of the tag

   
A rusty heart was added


 A piece of twine was used to make a loop for the top of the tag and a piece of crochet lace added for decoration



     Hope you like my 'Country Garden Tag'! Thanks so much for being here - hope to see you again soon!
 
 photo temp3_zpsf37f8b2d.png
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful saying on an utterly beautiful tag, Laura!
    Love the subtle layers you have created!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag just looks gorgeous. Wonderful Colors.
    Thanks for your explanations Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag Laura, I adore your colour choices and the softness they convey. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not just like, but love it Laura! So great that you started this with the intention of having some fun - it sure looks as though you did! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the subtlety of your tag. Looking at it is like stepping into a real country garden! I can hear the lazy drone of the bees and sniff the lavender! Glorious tag! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!