Tuesday 8 January 2013

Flowers and Pearls


  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

      I hope you have all had an amazing Christmas and New Year. I am gradually returning to blogland and am suffering from an awful cold/flu bug that is refusing to shift. I think it has affected my craft work because despite getting 18 new DI's, many stamp sets, and a lot of glimmer sprays for Christmas, I have been struggling to get anything done.

    I sit there and try and be inspired and really the beautiful inks and stamps should be no effort to use but I am afraid the very few pieces I have done are really not fit to be seen.

    Today I thought I would get back on board - manage to do something creative. Ignore the aches and pains and do a tag. I really wanted to enter a certain challenge so that provided the inspiration at least :o) and well, here is what I managed to do......


First I blended several DI's around the edge of the card - Stormy Sky, Shaded Lilac, Bundled Sage and Dusty Concord.


Using clear ink I stamped a flourish stamp in two corners and applied clear embossing powder. After melting, I re-applied the inks and wiped the embossed area clean.

     I used a picture stamp in the centre of the tag and I then used Dusty Concord and Stormy Sky DI's on the script stamp - randomly dabbing the inks and stamped them on the tag.





Die cut flowers and leaves were coloured to match the tag and small pearls were glued to the centre of the flowers. 




I dyed two strips of ribbon...One with Shaded Lilac and the other with Dusty Concord. 



I then finished the tag by distressing the edges and applying Gathered Twigs DI. 





Many thanks for stopping by and taking the time to have a look at this. I do hope you liked it - I would love to know what you think of it. 



I am entering this for the following challenge -

ibsi #40  - Colour Challenge (Sage Green, Light Purple and Blue)

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely tag... I'd offer up a link to it in the WOYWW post if I were you - see if you can catch some passing trade!
    Love what you've done with the text surrounding the picture, and the embossed flourishes are fabulous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a colour combination challenge that you couldn't possibly refuse! And what a great tag has emerged from it. Just lovely.

    We saw you had posted yesterday and then it vanished again so very pleased that it reappeared :-)

    Ill stops creativity so don't worry too much. Yours clearly hasn't gone very far!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you haven't been feeling well but it certainly doesn't show in your work. This is really, truly, just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collage stamping style to make your tag. Love the layers and blending of inks. When I have times of not getting 'good' results from my crafting I just take the time to play and experiment with my inks. I find those moments to be just as important as getting a finished piece. Get well soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura your tag is so lovely, very vintage and elegant. Hope you are feeling better.

    Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at IBSIC.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!