Saturday 1 November 2014

Magical Moments

Hi everyone

     At Our Creative Corner we have a new challenge for you! 
Kerstin is hosting the challenge this month and her challenge is called -

It's Magic



Photographs can tell amazing stories of specific places or unforgettable moments in nature.
 For this challenge use a favourite photograph and add some special colours, moods and effects. 
Put these ingredients together in a vintage style and share your creative story with us. 
Especially suitable are classical scrapbook layouts (30 x 30) or canvases in mixed media style but you can also make cards or tags (as long as your project includes a magic nature photograph). 

Note: if you don't like scrapbooking or are no photographer, the focal image can also be replaced by a cut out (or transferred) nature photograph from a postcard or magazine for example.

**************************************************************


I wanted to use a photo I had taken and, after hunting through many photo files and finding no nature photographs, I decided to take my camera outside and see what I could find. Luckily it was a very warm day and, while I was sitting next to some flowers, a bee was hovering around....as it carried on working I quickly snapped a few photos and I had the shot for the layout.



I wanted to create my background for this layout rather than use a patterned paper. I wasn't sure how it would go, so I decided to think less and work fast...I grabbed some inks, sprays, stamps etc and got to work....



First I sprayed the sheet of paper with several inks...I used Sunshine Yellow Dylusions spray and then added some After Midnight Dylusions spray to a homemade pale pink ink spray (that I have totally forgotten what it is) and then I spritzed it all with water

When dry I began to add the stencils - I used a leaf, lattice, chicken wire and dots stencils randomly across the page using Gathered Twigs, Dusty Concord and Wild Honey DI's




Then I began to add some stamping using Potting Soil Archival ink


I also stamped using Picket Fence DP on a dots stamp




Tissue tape was added....


Then I placed the photo in place. I noticed that the black background of the photograph looked too stark for this layout, so I decided to cut out the flowers. I blended some Gathered Twigs DI around the edges to add some shading.


A strip of lace was added and a metal corner decoration was dabbed with Picket fence DP


White paper flowers were spritzed with Sunshine Yellow Dylusions sprays and stamped with a flourish stamp. A wooden button was painted with Picket Fence DP that had been mixed with a little Seedless Preserves DI


Ivory hemp string was wound around the page and attached in places with a tiny blob of glue. Little pearls stickers were attached.


Chit chat stickers were edged with Wild Honey DI 

The entire layout was given a final delicate mist of White Linen Dylsuisons spray....

And there is my 'It's Magic Layout....





Hope you will come along and join us this month at Our Creative Corner!

You could be our November Winner and feature as our Top Talent! You could be one of our Top 3 or you could even be the lucky winner of a wonderful prize donated by this month's sponsor - Nicecrane Designs
Happy Crafting!


 photo temp3_zpsf37f8b2d.png
Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. What an incredible LO and a visual delight, I love every part of it!! Hugs, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW what a fantastic LO you made! I like all details :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous! LOVE the post too! So many things and layers to see and LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh pretty. What a good thing the plants worked out this year ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning & Gorgeous, Laura!! The photo that you've used is so pretty and the colors that you've captured from the photo and carried into your layout is fabulous!! Just WOW!! This is a challenging theme for OCC this month and I'm already thinking about what I can do!! Thanks for your inspiration, Laura!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. One would never guess you were working out of your comfort zone, Laura!

    The LO is brilliant! LOVE the photograph you have taken for it too! (Flowers and bees...I do love these...lol).

    The colours are beautiful and all the layers and textures and details to discover....I dived right in and loved all of it!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura this totally stunning! I love how you've picked out the colours from the flowers and used them in your layout. What I absolutely love most of all is how much detail you've included and yet in no way does it look overdone. You should be doing layouts all the time as you bring a whole new look to the game! Hope the toe is improving.
    Love & Hugs,
    Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous lay out with a lot of beautiful details!
    love the hemp string on it! Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!