Wednesday 12 February 2014

Love Heart

Happy Valentines Day!

    This is a little bit early because I have another post due tomorrow - my second post for Artistic Stamper! I am very excited and I hope you come back to have a peek at the Valentine creation I made especially for them!

      But for now I am here to show you a Valentines creation for my blog.....


  I started with mountboard, drew a heart shape and cut it out. I roughened the edges by scraping with scissors and then I applied Old Gold Fresco paint over it.

     I then added some crackle glaze very thinly over parts of the heart and then dabbed some Nougat fresco paint over with a sponge. I wanted very subtle porcelain style cracks rather than vivid weather worn crackles.

   Then I used some of my favourite serviette roses and cut some out and stuck to the heart with Matte Multi Medium. If I am doing servietten technique on candles and other large items I tend to use PVA glue mixed with water 3:1. For smaller pieces like this I prefer to use multi medium.


   After the multi medium was dry I dry brushed some Chocolate Pudding Fresco paint around the edges to make it look shabby and then used my favourite script stamp in Coffee Archival ink.


    I dabbed some Nougat fresco paint very lightly over parts of the stamp - again to add to the shabby chic look.


  I stamped the words "I love it when your smile is for me" on ivory card using an alphabet stamp in Coffee Archival ink and then cut out the words and stuck them on.


 I covered the heart with embossing ink and then sprinkled a payer of UTEE over the top and melted it. Another coat of embossing ink and UTEE and the heart was finished.


Just to find a way to hang it up.....I attached an ornate corner to the top of the heart and wound rusty wire into a loop.....



     And there is my Valentines Heart........Hope you like it!

         Thanks so much for being here! Hope to see you soon....




 photo temp3_zpsf37f8b2d.png
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Pretty! Just LOVE the shape of your heart. Wonderful roses and words. Happy Valentines Day!
    nise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project and lovely words.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful shaped hanging, perfect for Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!