Saturday 24 October 2015

Rust no.4

Hi everyone! 

Time has come to share Rust creation No.4!  This one started out as a very plain frame made using the usual rust method. It was given a Paynes Grey wash after the coat of Paynes grey/white acrylic paint and this was followed with Quinacridone Gold.


and this is what it looks like now....



 I cut a heart from card and painted it with Decoart Media Burnt Umber paint. I then covered it with a torn dictionary page.


I smeared it with some crackle paint before dry brushing with Quinacridone Gold and Burnt Umber paint and sanding it down to distress the paint.

I added some rusty mesh that I found while walking the dog! I love finding bits of junk and turning them into a treasure!. 




I used some Tando Hearts that were covered with Decoart Titan Buff paint before covering with Decoart Crackle Glaze. 


When dry I rubbed them with Quinacridone Gold paint.
A few drops of Onyx Liquid Pearls were added.


 I used a Found Relatives Photo inside the frame


I brushed an embossed post card sign with Pewter Treasure gold after painting it with Burnt Umber Paint.


Rusty twisted wire was used as a hanger



There is my finished Rust Hanger....

Hope you liked it!

The next (and final ) Rust creation will be the one made using this -



Hope you will come back to see the final creation!

Happy Crafting!

Laura xxxxxx


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your tutorials with rust and they are amazing! Your Hanger no.4 is as we say in Danish: old love will never rust...
    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!