I wasn't intending to do a specific Halloween creation for the end of the month...but then I bought the Hickory Smoke Distress ink...and it is sooo gorgeous I had to use it...
I got some card and dabbed some Hickory Smoke DI and Picket Fence DP onto the craft mat and spritzed with water. I then swirled the card through the ink and paint and dried it with a heat gun... dabbing it in the ink/paint until I achieved the mottled effect I was after.
I stamped a skull onto tissue wrap and stuck it to the card with Decoart matte Medium
I stuck some die cut web shapes to the top of the card
Then I dabbed some Hickory Smoke DI around the edges and stenciled over the top using Roman Numerals stencil with White Acrylic paint.
I stamped a spider web and script and text stamps around the card
I then diluted some picket Fence DP with water and flicked the paint over the card
I dabbed some Carbon Black Antiquing cream around the edge of the card and wiped away with a damp cloth when dry and then dabbed it with some Paynes Grey and then sanded it so the edge looked distressed and aged
Then I dabbed the card in places with Spiced Marmalade DI. I needed to make this permanent so I dabbed it all over with a sponge dipped into Decoart Matte Varnish...working quickly to not dislodge the ink...The ink being water reactive did move slightly, but this added to the rustic effect as it formed streaks rather than smooth blending.
I then applied some Decoart Gold Interference paint - It looks amazing but is really hard to photograph...This was the best shot I got of it...
Happy Halloween was stamped onto the card using Jet Black Archival ink
I stuck the card onto mount board and attached black wire to the top as a hanger. I twisted the ends into curls and then wrapped hemp string around it before fraying the edges.
Hope you like it!