Still on Spring themed creations here and still wanting to use Tea bags....
I found a stash of Earl Grey tea bags I bought over a year ago at the back of the cupboard and as they no longer have any of that wonderful citrus aroma, I decided they would be best used doing some creativity....
So I brewed a pile of them, cut them up, left them to dry and got to work....
I got a piece of card and stamped a dragonfly, a script stamp and some words on it in Jet Black Archival ink
Then I began to cover it with torn strips of tea bags
I love how the crimped edges of the bags add some wonderful texture
I drew a daisy outline and some random leaf shapes. I painted the daisy with Decoart Media Translucent White and added a dab of Decoart Media Raw Umber paint near the center of the flower to add shadow. I painted the center of the flower with Decoart Media Primary Yellow and shaded some Decoart Media Pyrrole Orange at the base of the center adding some Decoart Media Burnt Umber dry bushed to add shadow and depth...I love how the texture of the tea bags add to the texture effect of the flower center,
I painted the leaves with Green Gold.
Then I drew around the outlines roughly with marker pen..leaving some leaves undefined as background
I then stamped a text stamp with Jet Black Archival ink and randomly dabbed over the painted images
I painted the dragonfly wings with a mix of Decoart Media Yellow Green Light, Cobalt Turquoise Hue and a dab of Quinacridone red. When dry I coated it with Decoart Media Interference paint in Turquoise which gives a stunning iridescent sheen.
I made the frame out of mountboard. I covered the mountboard with Raw Umber paint then covered it with Decoart Weathered wood. Once dry it was covered with Nougat Fresco paint which crackled perfectly.
I rubbed over the crackled paint with a piece of sandpaper and then dry brushed some Decoart Media Raw Umber paint around the edges of the frame
I glued the picture inside the frame using another piece of Mountboard at the back to secure it
I used two silver Ideology Hitch Fasteners and some twine
and there it is....a new hanger made from Tea Bags
Thanks so much for being here!