Wednesday 7 October 2015

Rust No.2

Hi everyone! 

Here is the second Rust post!

This was the frame I made....

It was made with embossed card and liquid glass to add rivets and beaded edge. After the Paynes Grey/white acrylic paint had dried I added a wash of diluted Decoart Media Titan Buff - painted quite roughly - I intended to leave some patches of grey showing. This was followed by dry brushed streaks of Quinacridone Gold and some shading with Paynes Grey and Burnt Umber....


....and here is what I made with it


 This was such an easy one to put together...I loved the original frame - the beading made using Decoart Liquid Glass was so effective and the Decoart Titian Buff wash really gave this a look of painted rusted metal. I wanted to focus on Autumn colours and I had just got the Sizzix Thinlits Fall Foliage die cut set - so it made sense to put those ideas together

I did some wrinkle free distress effect on card  using Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs DI for the brown leaves and Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon for the orange leaves. I then die cut the leaves and covered them with crackle glaze. When dry and cracked I rubbed some Burnt Umber Paint on to them before wiping away with a baby wipe


 Curled rusty wire was used in the leaf arrangements

I stuck tissue tape around the frame and used silver brads to attach the leaves to the tape


 I added a chit chat sticker to the tape

Inside the frame I used one of my favourite Found Relatives Photos




Hope you like it!

The next creation will be one made using this (and I think is my favourite!)

 Come back soon and see the finished result!

Happy Crafting

Laura xxxx



Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. WoW, another fantastic rust creation you made, soo real :-)) Good job wiht leaves, they are great :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out soooo lovely, Laura!
    That's one of my favourite Found Relatives images and your frame is just perfect! That foliage with the delicate crackle looks amazing! Beautiful!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such wonderful work with the DA products! I love this background and the effect you have achieved with the Liquid glass! Genius! The leaves and your rusty wire add such wonderful dimension and that photo is perfect for this piece! Wowzers! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!