Here is the first follow up post to Adventures in Rust....
In that post I featured five rust pieces that I was going to make into creations to feature here.
The first one was the Rust background....
....and here is what I made
I decided to concentrate on the yellow tones in the rust (even though they are eventually covered up)
I started by cutting a heart shape from card and covering it with Decoart Media Crackle Paste. When this was dry I covered it with a wash of Decoart Media Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide acrylic paint. This was then dry brushed with Quinacridone Gold and Burnt Umber. When the heart was dry it was rubbed with a sanding block.
I used a Found Relatives Photo for the collage and cut the people out and stuck them onto the heart with a ruler from the Salvage stickers set.
I added a brass flower with some die cut leaves that had been inked with Brushed Corduroy DI and stamped with Jet Black Archival ink using a script stamp
A calendar months was added along with a filigree brass decoration
A brass key was added to the collage
Several brass buttons were added
A brass hinge was used as decoration
I added more hinges to the top of the collage
And there is my finished collage....
The next rust creation will be this one....hope you will come back to see what I made with it....
Thanks so much for being here!