Sorry for doing another post so quickly - I have finally got everything done and it was all photographed, so I decided to go ahead and write it while the kids are still at school and there is peace and quiet!
Today is Wood with a button....from the Our Creative Corner challenge. I ran through so many ideas for this one and really struggled before deciding I wasting too much time thinking - why not just make some wood effect card and go from there?
So I got some DI's (Gathered Twigs and Pumice Stone) dabbed them on the craft mat, spritzed with water and then ran a brayer through the ink puddle. Then I rolled it over the cream coloured card. It gave a lovely streaked appearance. I let it dry and then stamped over the top with a wood grain stamp using Walnut Stain DI. I began to colour over the wood patterned card with the blending tools and more ink. This time adding Stormy Sky into the mix as I love browns and blues together.
By the time the wood effect was done I had decided to do a tag (what a shock!) and so I hunted through my pictures. I found a Victorian image of a young girl and I loved the sepia effect but it also had a hint of blue to it....perfect for the blue tinged wood. So now I definitely had the colour scheme...I would go for brown with hints of blue.... Now to make the tag.
This is the photo I chose. It is a shame that the colours don't reproduce as well on computer monitors. It really is a lovely photo with very slight hints of blue and beige.....
The photo was stuck onto cream card and I cut the card very close to the edge of the photo. This was then stuck onto some cream card that had been stamped with a lace pattern in Antique Linen DI.
The lace stamped card was then torn around the edge of the photo and stained with more Antique Linen and Walnut Stain DI.
The flowers were die-cuts that were inked with Antique Linen and Stormy Sky DI and edged with Walnut Stain DI. I decided to ink the leaves blue as well with edges of brown. I didn't want any other colours in this tag other than brown and blue. Some paper covered wire was stained with Walnut Stain DI and curled before being stuck in place with the flowers and leaves.
More flowers were at the top of the card attached around a curled vine effect wire. The paper covered wire was stained with Walnut Stain DI that had been dabbed onto the craft mat and had a very small amount of water added. The wire was then rolled into the ink and dried.
And of course the button...the challenge requested at least one button. I only had one that suited this tag...a lovely muted brown with a gorgeous iridescent sheen....
I coloured a frame with Burnt Sienna acrylic paint and then covered it with copper metallic rub-on. The same lace stamped card used to frame the portrait was the backing for this frame and the words 'LOVE' was added with copper metal letters. This panel was added to the main tag with paper covered wire, stained with Walnut stain DI and curled into rings. More flowers were added to match the main tag.
So there is my finished tag.....Hope you like it!
I am entering this in the following challenge -
Our Creative Corner - Woody with a button
Fashionable stamping challenges - Show some love