Wednesday 30 January 2013

Sleeping Stars


   Hello everyone!

    My blog post today is 'Seeing Stars'....the new Simon says challenge. I struggled with this one I must admit. My first idea was film stars but with the computer down and out I was stuck for images. Then the nursery rhyme 'Twinkle twinkle little star' kept coming back into my head...I adored singing to my children when they were babies (I still do sing with them now!) and the idea for a baby themed tag came into my head - quite appropriate really as it is major baby boom time amongst my friends and relatives lately....

      So here is my tag -


I apologise for the photo quality - I use natural sunlight for photos but the amount of white in the picture has left everything with a bluish glow and getting the exposure right with the dark brown teddy has been quite a nightmare - Anyway, moving on........
 



















I used a pale yellow paper background that was printed with various words. Then I tore a strip of night sky paper with pale yellow stars and stuck that down the side of the tag. The white edges of torn paper were inked with Shaded Lilac DI. The nursery rhyme words are pale blue letter stickers.





















The little teddy bear (whose name is Tim by the way) was made from a brown pipe cleaner. The bed cover, pillow case and sheet were all made from my dolls house material supplies. No sewing, the material was cut and then folded over wadding and glued - held in place with pegs until dry. The white daisy ribbon was glued to the pillow and for the sheet I pulled out some threads to give it a slightly frayed edging.

     The bed was constructed out of the Tim Holtz hinge and key die-cuts and attached to the tag with glue and a white painted brad. The base of the bed was white card folded around the bottom of the tag and covered with lace die-cut to look like a lacy valance sheet.



   A yellow dotty ribbon was added to the top of the tag. I had thoughts about dangling a safety pin or dummy from the ribbon but I wanted to keep the tag as plain and simple as possible.


































So there is my 'Stars' themed baby tag - I hope you like it

Thanks for being here


I am entering this in the following challenge -



6 comments:

  1. Oh how cute is all that? And the bear - did you make him? And if so would you like to make a whole family for my upcoming bear bungalow? And if not where did he come from?

    I just love this.....
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made him from a pipe cleaner. Yes, more can be made. Look out for pipe cleaners! xxxx

      Delete
    2. Oh we love this, especially the bear. Also intrigued by Cestina's miniature bear bungalow, we'd love to see that.

      Delete
  2. Laura...such a sweet tag. I love it and love your idea of using the nursery rhyme as your inspiration. That little pipe cleaner bear is inspired! How cute is he, sitting on the "bed". Thanks so much for sharing your always wonderful art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable... the delicate pastels are really pretty, and I love the "bed" with the bedding pulled up and the cute bear ready for lullaby time!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tag! What a great theme! The teddy is so cute and love the bed! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!