Sunday 19 October 2014

Whatever the Weather

Hello everyone!


 I am here to show you my creation for the new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges -

'Weather Forecast'

Rainy days, Autumn sunshine, Frosty snowfall....whatever the weather, we would love to see your creations over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges......



First I coloured the tag with some wrinkle free distress technique using Frayed Burlap and
 Pumice Stone DI's.



I then stamped some snowflakes and script in Frayed Burlap DI and Potting Soil Archival ink


I got out some Artistic Outpost stamps for this tag - I stamped the snow scene using Potting Soil 
Archival ink.


The quote was stamped onto white card with Potting Soild archival ink and then edged with 
Frayed Burlap DI.


Then I dabbed some matte multi medium over the snow and sprinkled on some 
Rock Candy Distress Glitter.



 I then spritzed the whole tag with Perfect Pearls Glimmer mist in Biscotti.

 I dabbed some PVA glue onto the bottom of the tag and sprinkled on some Stampendous Shaved Ice.


Brown hemp string was tied into a bow and a brass button was used to 
decorate the top of the tag.



Hope you like it! Why not come and play along with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!
 
Remember we are a stamping challenge so please feature a stamped focal image on your creation.
  
You could be the winner of $20 to spend at Flonzcraft Stamps! And of course you could be picked at one of our Catwalk Spotlights!


 photo temp3_zpsf37f8b2d.png
Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Hi Laura. This is such a beautiful scene, so relaxing to look at. I love the effect of the Biscotti glimmer mist too...lovely!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - this is so lovely, Laura!

    You are so brilliant in doing this delicate and yet "gentle" style (I never manage to achieve anything even close to this ;)! LOVE it!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful, so beautiful. Love the shimmer addition. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this delicate tag, you've created such a delicate snowy scene. The shaved ice is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tag Laura. Your scene is so pretty and the added sparkle finishes it off beautifully.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Laura you have captured great serenity with your tag.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful winter scene Laura, lovely shades and details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Laura ... this is really gorgeous. I can almost feel the winter wind swirling around my ankles. Brr. Great color choice to create that almost bleak winter landscape and then you've completely enhanced it with the glitter and perfect pearls. What a stunning tag. Love it -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Miss Laura, I'm not ready for that weather yet, enjoying the fall to much, but this is a utterly gorgeous frosty card, love the browns and pumice, and your fab hemp with the lovely button, I especially love all the sparkle, it was like that in Northern Ontario last week, frost all over everything looked gorgeous in the photos :O). wishing you a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag, great quote and I love that shaved ice at the bottom!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Beautiful, Laura!! This tag is filled with wintertime magic--the colors, your layered stamping, Everything!! LOVE the shaved ice at the bottom...it's almost like the stream froze and this little spot received some rays of sunshine just for your creation :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag Laura! I love the shaved ice on the neutral background, it really grabs the eye! The scene is wonderful, like a walk in the country on crisp winter day! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tag Laura. I love this scene and the shaved ice sparkle. You've got me singing Christmas carols in my head now, lol. Alexandra x

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!