Tuesday 1 December 2015

Anything Steampunk



 Hi everyone!


    It is a new challenge over at Sandee and amelies steampunk challenge this month 

"Anything Goes!" 

I love it when the subject is as open as Anything Goes....the only problem is that sometimes it can be difficult to think of something when it could be anything!
 I was ok this time because I had a pendant that I wanted to alter and had been meaning to do it for  awhile...I was just waiting for the right time...



The pendant was a bright silver - so the first thing I did was paint it with Decoart Media fluid acrylic paint in Carbon black. When dry I gave it the lightest dry brushing with Decoart Dazzling Metallic paint in Champagne Gold.

 I cut some printed script paper to go inside the pendant and cut out a face from a vintage photo

After attaching them to the pendant I filled the pendant with Glossy Accents.
I then selected some cogs and gears to sit inside the frame - carefully setting them in place in the wet glue with a pair of tweezers

I then attached a brass watch charm to the base of the pendant and covered the join with a jewellery finding.



I attached more tiny cogs and gears and the word 'love' - and there it is...
an 'Anything Goes' Steampunk pendant!

Not a very long post today - Sometimes Steampunk can really be that easy!

Even if Steampunk isn't your usual style why not come on over and give it a go?
If you have never tried it before then this challenge is a perfect placed to start...

 You might just have a lot of fun doing it!

Come and join us at Sandee and amelies Steampunk Challenge....

Happy Crafting!
Laura
xxxxxxx
 
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I love how the beautiful close-ups reveal the deeper magic to this wonderful steampunk piece! One of the most beautfiul steampunk pendants I've ever seen!

    Hugs and wishes,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It reminds me of the old hand held mirrors ladies used in Victorian times.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!