Here is a card I made - messing around with crackle and rust....
First I covered a piece of tissue paper with every script and text stamp I have. I used Potting Soil Archival ink and covered the tissue paper completely.
Then I stuck this tissue paper to a piece of card and covered the tissue with a coat of matte medium
I had just got some Decoart Crackle paint and was having a lot of fun seeing what effects I could get....
Here I got a palette knife and scooped the paint out of the tub and smeared it randomly across the card. Thin in some places, thicker in others. I just simply swiped - I didn't try to level out or smooth the paint at all.....it stayed where it landed....
When dry there was a huge variation in crackle from huge cracks to tiny.
I then covered the card with layers of Antiquing cream - first Patina Green, then English red oxide and then Raw Umber. Because they can be wiped away they should be fixed with varnish between coats - but here I wasn't too worried about the effects - it was all play really and seeing what would happen.........
I cut a heart shape out of card and dabbed some Evergreen Bough Distress paint on it.
the I covered it with Vintage Photo DI
Then dabbed with some Raw Umber acrylic paint then sprinkled with Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder.
I wrapped the heart up in some rusty wire and attached a chit chat sticker that had been dabbed with some Vintage Photo DI.
Hope you like it!
Love from Laura