Thursday 7 May 2015

Rust and Crackle

Hi everyone,

    Here is a card I made - messing around with crackle and rust....


  First I covered a piece of tissue paper with every script and text stamp I have. I used Potting Soil Archival ink and covered the tissue paper completely.

   Then I stuck this tissue paper to a piece of card and covered the tissue with a coat of matte medium























   I had just got some Decoart Crackle paint and was having a lot of fun seeing what effects I could get....

    Here I got a palette knife and scooped the paint out of the tub and smeared it randomly across the card. Thin in some places, thicker in others. I just simply swiped - I didn't try to level out or smooth the paint at all.....it stayed where it landed....


When dry there was a huge variation in crackle from huge cracks to tiny.

    I then covered the card with layers of Antiquing cream - first Patina Green, then English red oxide and then Raw Umber. Because they can be wiped away they should be fixed with varnish between coats - but here I wasn't too worried about the effects - it was all play really and seeing what would happen.........




   I cut a heart shape out of card and dabbed some Evergreen Bough Distress paint on it. 



the I covered it with Vintage Photo DI


      Then dabbed with some Raw Umber acrylic paint then sprinkled with Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder.

I wrapped the heart up in some rusty wire and attached a chit chat sticker that had been dabbed with some Vintage Photo DI.



Hope you like it!

Happy Crafting!
Love from Laura 
xxx
    
Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. OMG! The crackle texture you have achieved is just divine! And the rust on the heart looks so real! Wow! Your card is amazing and I enjoyed all of the lovely close ups so much! Thanks for sharing! A brilliant, weathered looking piece!!!!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING Laura, your crackle is amazing and i love how the rusty heart pops off the page :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supreme texture, and LOVE that heart! A piece to treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on layers and textures, Laura! Fabulous impact of the heart, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like this card, Laura--I LOVE IT!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extremely fond of both crackled paint and rusty treasures. You did an amazing job with both. Also like the ruler background. Not only do you make beautiful art, but it's presented so prettily! nise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your design Laura! Your textures are wonderful and that rust and it colors work so well agaist the muted crackled background! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!