Sunday 16 November 2014

Always believe

Hi everyone!

We are getting into the Christmas spirit early over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges 

Christmas Tags

And here is what I made......



Oh, I found this so hard to make!! Sorry, but I am not in Christmas mode yet at all and I have been struggling to make Christmas creations as I try to keep ahead this year! Fingers crossed by the time I make our Christmas cake on 25th November I might be feeling a bit more festive.....

     Anyway I started out thinking it best that I keep it neutral - I had tried a few festive coloured tags but they were all awful - so back to neutrals it was. I did some wrinkle free distress with my favourite neutral inks - Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone and Antique Linen......


I stamped around the edges of the tag with Potting Soil Archival ink using some script stamps and music stamps...I also added some foliage stamps...


Happy Christmas was stamped onto a separate piece of card which was then inked with Antique Linen DI and edged with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain DI


The Santa image was stamped with Potting Soil Archival ink and edged with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain DI's


I used some holly and flourish die cuts. I coloured the flourish with Walnut Stain DI and blended some Evergreen Bough, Mowed Grass and Walnut Stain DI's over the holly. The berries were coloured with Fired Brick DI.


The background tag was spritzed with some water and blotted with tissue


Twine was used to make a hanger and bow


Attached to one strand of twine was the word 'Believe' stamped with Potting Soil Archival ink and edged with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain DI's




Hope you like my Christmas Tag! I would love it if you came over to see what the rest of the team have made to inspire you at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!


Remember we are a stamping challenge so please feature a stamped focal image on your creation.
  
You could be the winner of $20 to spend at Flonzcraft Stamps! And of course you could be picked as one of our Catwalk Spotlights!

Hope to see you there!

 photo temp3_zpsf37f8b2d.png
Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I always love Christmas neutral Laura, and this one is a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, Laura! Beautifully crafted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Laura! I love the vintage Santa image and the sepia look to it! The green holly leaves really add punch on the neutral backgrounds, a real eye-catcher! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I DO love your Christmas tag!! And I also completely understand you when you say how hard this was for you to make :) I am not in the Christmas crafting mode (yet) either (if I ever will be) and it's been hard to find the mojo I'm going to need! BUT--This challenge at FSC could really be the spark, that sets me afire with the Christmas spirit!! :) If you found the motivation and inspiration to make your Christmas tag, than, so can I :) LOL! How do you like that?! :) Plus, it helps that I have that same set of AO stamps that your Father Christmas image is from ;) Fabulous tag!! Happy Sunday!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura. This is one of my fav santa images. I think your tag looks great!!! I'm with you as far as being in the xmas spirit goes...but the brown combo looks so beautiful on this.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that gorgeous vintage Santa..and the rest of your tag is just as stunning - the neutral colours work perfectly ...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Santa image and the vintage feel of your lovely tag! Makes me feel a bit X-massy already ;)

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!