Today I am here to show you my creation for Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk challenge! This month the challenge is called -
Whatever you associate with a "good (steampunk) story" is what we want to see from you. Be it the altered cover of a book that holds a story, an old tome, a stamped scene, that tells a steampunk story, a tag, a card, an artefact from a (fictional) steampunk story, a journal page, a captains log, and old piece of steampunk jewelry that would tell a story if it could talk... the possibilities are almost endless. But remember: we are a STEAMPUNK challenge blog - so we want to see something steampunk-ish! And we love to read your stories! ;)
I must admit I suffered a little with 'Crafting Block' with this - I had things to use for it...I had some ideas, but I had no basis to start from....no ideas on colours or what to make. One day I was working for a project for Our Creative Corner and I was working with Dylusions sprays. One piece didn't go to plan so I knew I couldn't feature it for my post, but I liked it regardless....Hmmm....now that could be used for the Steampunk creation.....
I used the several pieces of card that went 'wrong' to create a hanging.
First I got a piece of thick cardboard (previously a pet food container!) and stuck some German text over it with glue.
I then dabbed some Vintage Photo DI all over it.
I got one part of the card that had a clock stencil sprayed with Dylusions sprays (Polished Jade and Melted Chocolate) and glued that to the center of the board
I tore sections from another piece of card that had been sprayed with inks and dabbed with tissue. I then stamped them with a text stamp that had been inked with Evergreen Bough and Gathered Twigs DI
I stamped a script stamp over them with Potting Soil Archival ink and inked the torn edges with Vintage Photo DI.
I stamped a typewriter with Potting Soil Archival ink on some more card that had Dylusions sprays over it. I attached some Chit Chat stickers to the page
I stamped some pencil stamps and cut them out and added them to the hanging
I used an Artistic Outpost stamp 'jot this down' stamped onto the card and then edged with Vintage Photo DI
Rusty wire was used to make the hanger and a metal nib covered in Espresso alcohol ink was added
Hope you like it! I do hope you will come over to see what the rest of the team have made and share your Steampunk Stories with us! Hope to see you there!