I am so pleased to share with you today a creation I made with the Alice in Wonderland stamps from Artistic Outpost.
My beginning point was to make a frame. I love making frames for my work and it is so nice to make your own. I used balsa wood and cut four pieces to form a frame. I use a strong wood glue to stick it together and after sanding down any untidy edges I applied texture paste through a damask stencil.
When the texture paste was dry I covered it with Antique Bronze DP. When this was dry I applied French Roast Fresco Paint and wiped it with a baby wipe. This paint is my favourite one for antiquing and distressing painted surfaces.
I got several sheets of white card and applied some distress inks to the craft mat - Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs. I added a few dabs of Picket Fence DP and spritzed it all with water. I swirled lots of white card through the ink and paint puddles, dabbing and dying until I liked the effect. Afterwards I inked them with more of the same shades of ink and then began stamping with Potting Soil Archival ink.
The main images of the Rabbit and Alice I decided to turn into playing cards.
Adding some Fired Brick DI to part of one of the brown toned wrinkle free distress cards, I then punched out some red hearts.
I glued them to the corners of the cards and stamped a 'Q' and 'K' in Potting Soil Archival ink next to them.
I blended some Walnut Stain DI around the edge of the cards to add to the vintage look
I stamped the 'Curiouser and Curiouser' and cut around it and added it to the frame.
I decided to add the labels of 'Alice' and 'I'm Late' to the playing cards. I also added the 'Alice in Wonderland' and a quote to the Alice card
I stamped the clock with the crown placed in the center of it and added a metal spinner to it.
The background was a sheet of the wrinkle free distress card that was stamped with my favourite Paperartsy scrip stamp.
I cut out some hearts with a punch from the brown coloured card and added them to the frame.
I wanted to add more colour to this creation so I decided, rather than bring in a new colour, I would feature more red to go with the hearts...and then the song 'Painting the roses red' came into my head from Disney's Alice in Wonderland.
I got two white roses and dabbed Festive Berries DS so that they were half painted.....
I swiped some of the same stain over some card and when dry I applied some Decoart Liquid Glass, forming it into drop shapes. Then I cut them out and stuck them onto one of the roses as wet paint falling off the rose.
A leaf branch die cut was dabbed with Walnut Stain DI and then sprayed with Roasted Coffee Dylusions spray.
Two bronze button style decorations were added.
I used twine to hang the frame up. I attached it to the corners of the frame by tying the twine around a brad, making a hole in the top corners with a skewer and dropping a small amount of glue into the hole. Then I pushed the brad into the wood.
Thank you so much for being here to see this - Hope you liked it!
I am entering this at the following challenge
Artistic Stamper - Colour it red