Sunday 20 April 2014

Come fly with me

Hi everyone,

     It is my turn to choose a challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this time and I chose.......


Flying


My reason for choosing this is because my son is crazy about anything that flies, and recently he said to me that I never make anything for him! So this time I set out to make something just for him - After asking him what colours he would like, I chose a Flonzcraft stamp set and decided to make a hanging mobile for him.


I swirled some Festive Berries and Salty Ocean DS onto the craft mat and spritzed with water and swirled some card through the stain. When dried, I added Fired Brick and Faded Jeans DI around the edges and did some spritz and flick with water to add some texture effects to the coloured card. I did this to both sides of the card.


I then stamped the images onto the card and cut them out, inking around the edges with Black Soot DI so that the white cut edges wouldn't show up. I then stamped onto tissue paper and glued this to the back of the back of the cut outs with multi medium.


I then decorated the cut outs (original stamped side) with Perfect Pearls in Platinum Pearl and Onyx Pearl.

   The heart was cut out from a sheet of balsa wood and then painted with French Roast Fresco Paint and then covered in Decoart Media crackle paste. When dry it was dabbed and sprayed with various paints and inks (I lost track of what I used) and the heat gun was used which created a lovely textured bubble effect - I always love seeing what the heat gun will do to products I haven't tried before!

 

 Chit chat stickers were edged in Faded Jeans DI and stuck onto the heart.

Then onto constructing the mobile - I twisted a circle of rusty wire and added a loop to it and stuck the heart onto it. I used plastic wire to construct the mobile which really wasn't the best thing when it came to wanting to see them all hang the right way around for the photograph!



I attached the plastic string to the rusty loop by tying it and attached it to each of the decorations with glue and tissue tape.



     
Why not come over and join us this time at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
 Remember we are a stamping challenge so please feature a stamped focal image on your creation.
  You could be the winner of $20 to spend at Flonzcraft Stamps! And of course you could be picked at one of our Catwalk Spotlights!


 photo temp3_zpsf37f8b2d.png
Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Stunning Laura, such a great idea and I bet he loved it!! Great challenge theme!!

    It was so lovely to meet you last weekend, can't believe it's a week already... Hope we will meet again sometime with a bit more time to chat!! Have a happy sunny Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet he loves this! That heart looks amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I can imagine your son loved it. It looks an amazing the way you joined it all together as well.
    Happy Easter.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura, wowser what a stunning project - gorgeous depth of colour and I love all the movement. I bet your son is chuffed to bits with it! Hope you're enjoying the Easter weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous flying machines!
    Love the purple crackle heart, just beautiful

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo creative and wonderful, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is cute. I just love the balloon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable, Laura!

    Very imaginative and enchanting! Beautiful!!!!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura - love your mobile and bet your son did too ! fab images and colours, thanks for a great challenge theme...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!