Sunday 9 March 2014

All that glitters

Hi everyone!

Welcome back! Over at Anything But A Card we are focusing on -

Sparkle!


 I am not much of a glitter and sparkle person but I do LOVE Rock Candy glitter. I love that it adds a shimmer without being too sparkly. So for this tag I focused on Rock Candy glitter...a couple of times I was tempted to throw on some Distress Glitters in Pumice Stone and Antique Linen, but that would have been too much and ruined the subtle vintage style!

I started by using a brayer to roll some paint onto a tag. I started with Antarctic Fresco paint followed by Lake Wanaka and then Nougat Fresco paint. I had a lovely tag covered in rustic streaks and then I began to add some patterns through stencils using the same paints to get a lovely textured look....


Nougat Fresco Paint was dabbed through the Peacock Patterns stencil and then I dabbed some Lake Wanaka Fresco Paint and some Gesso through a flower stencil.

I used my favourite script stamp in Potting Soil Archival ink on the tag and then blended Vintage Photo DI all over the tag to warm the colours up a little.


Scissors were used to scrape along the edge of the tag to distress the edges...normally I would then ink the edges but I thought the bold white outline looked great so I left it alone.


I coloured several die cut flowers with Weathered Wood and Vintage Photo DI (love this combination of colours!) and then covered them with Rock Candy Distress stickles followed by a sprinkle of Rock Candy Glitter. When dry the flowers had some extra dabs of ink to add more colour. I love the fact that this glitter takes colour so well...



Rock Candy Stickles glue was brushed around the edges of the tag to add a subtle sparkle .





I chose some chit chat stickers and dabbed them very lightly with Vintage photo DI



A piece of white cord was attached so it could be hung up and a shimmering white organza ribbon used to decorate the tag.




    Put a little sparkle in your creations and shine with us over at Anything But A Card this month!

 
 photo temp3_zpsf37f8b2d.png
Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of Rock Candy Stickles Laura. This is such a wonderful piece - I love the colours and all the textures and details. Enjoy the rest of the weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I'm not much of a glittery person either but the rock candy stickles are sparkly but in a softer more subtle way. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!!! That classics' face looks superb against that amazing background and just the right amount of th eright kind of sparkle I think, - love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and I love the subtle glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Laura! This is fantastic!
    I see the lot of work and love you have put into this stunning and brilliant make...but it was defintiely worth it! LOVE LOVE LOVE your glittering tag! Especially as the bling isn't too much - just perfectly dosed to make this an utterly enchanting creation!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh pretty glitter! (Er, what did a certain person in your household think of it? ;-) )
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the standard warning to keep it well away from him! ;o) xxxx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous art, love the colours, textures and the layers, and the sparkle. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your stamping and how you used the face stamp. The foliage and flowers are gorgeous, too. In a few of your posts, you have mentioned your favorite script stamp. I was wondering, who makes it? I like it when you have used it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Marci. The stamp I refer to all the time is by Paperartsy. Here is the link - http://shop.paperartsy.co.uk/mini-44-1971-p.asp

      Delete
  9. Love the tag, the face and script stamps are wonderful together, and love the soft sparkle from the Rock Candy Stickles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Oh! Oh! LOVE THIS!!! I was a bit worried when I saw that scary word --- "glitter", but I should have known you would do the prettiest, classiest, shabbiest vintage creation imaginable. I'm not much for glitter, but this Rock Candy stuff is sweet. You are darn good at getting me to look at things I had no idea I "needed"! nise

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!