This has been such a busy month for me being Guest designer for the Artistic Stamper....but when I saw the new challenge over at Frilly and Funkie I knew I had to find the time to play along!
The challenge is 'Bloomin' Marvellous' and the challenge is to use handmade flowers. And I had such fun making them. The roses on this hanger were VERY handmade because I had run out of the die cut flowers that I needed and I don't have a die cutter...so I got the die cut remnants I had and using them as a template to draw the flowers and then cutting them out by hand....
I decided to go for my favourite colours at the moment - brown and teal and devote the theme to being a very rusty patina look.
The roses were so much fun to make. First the die cut flowers were covered dabbed with Antique Bronze DP and I just painted it on leaving streaks. When dry I dabbed them with Evergreen Bough DI and then sprinkled them with Tea Dye and Walnut Stain Distress embossing powder and then a little Verdigris and copper embossing powder.
The other flowers were scrunched after a spritz of water to add creases then when dry they were inked with Evergreen Bough DI and covered with Rock Candy Distress glitter. After the glitter was dry the edges were inked with Vintage Photo DI. Wooden buttons were painted with Evergreen Bough DP and wiped with a tissue to give a weathered look.
White flowers were edged with Evergreen Bough DI and had bronze brads added to the centers.
A large flower was covered with Vintage Photo DI and then covered in crackle glaze and the cracks were highlighted with Walnut Stain DI. A vintage style button used for the center of the flower.
A leaf die cut was brushed with Vintage Photo DP and then covered with crackle glaze then Walnut Stain DI rubbed into the cracks to highlight them.
A piece of corrugated cardboard was torn to reveal the texture underneath and then covered with gesso followed by a coat of crackle glaze. Walnut Stain DI was then rubbed over the cracks.
Crochet lace was stuck onto embossed card that had been inked with Vintage Photo DI and then spritzed with Patina Cosmic Shimmer spray.
A doily die cut was covered with embossing ink and then sprinkled with Verdigris embossing powder.
A brass key was added to the embellishments
........along with a brass frame that had teal patterned paper added to it that had been inked with Walnut Stain Di and a white flower added to the center.
Rusty wire was added to form a hanger
Hope you like my handmade flowers! Thanks so much for being here!
Frilly and Funkie - Handmade flowers