Tuesday 19 November 2013

White upon White

Hi everyone!

      Over at Try it on Tuesday we are getting in a pale mood...asking for creations that are -

 White on White


This caused some thinking! It is fun to do, to take yourself out of your comfort zone - suddenly you have to learn to manage without all the usual favourite colours you reach for. It can seem limiting at first, but honestly it can be a lot of fun!

      So I started with white card..I was going to use some embossed card, but then I decided to use a lovely stamp of trailing flowers and use white ink and Seafoam embossing powder. I realised when I did another challenge a while ago of 'White on White' that there are actually many shades of white and this embossing powder has a creamy tinge to it.

    I cut out the word 'Cherish' from a sheet of embossed words and I covered that with ink and added the embossing powder to create an enamelled effect.

    Several die cut flowers were used - It seemed so strange to not be covering them with Distress inks like I normally do! They were left plain white and I chose several white buttons....Some look creamy pale yellow coloured but honestly they are white! I added some small pearl beads to the smaller flowers.

   Across the card I added two strips of die cut lace and some white satin ribbon. A small white bow was added to finish off the card

     

        Hope you like it!

      Why not come over and join us at Try it on Tuesday - Hope to see you there!





 Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Wow! What a challenge! But you rose to it magnificently! This is such a gorgeous card, full of interest - who would have thought of the possibilities of white on white! Brilliant as always! Now you've stimulated my imagination - Christmas cards would be ideal for this. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Laura, love the details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is beautiful Laura. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true, there are so many variations of white. Beautiful creation.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Challenge mastered, I'd say! ;)

    Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Laura! Very beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY card! You made it full of such beautiful details!
    Difficult challenge as far as I am concerned, hehe.
    xxx Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura,
    dein Kärtchen sieht toll aus! Besonders gut gefällt mir das embosste und der effektvolle Schriftzug!!
    Viele liebe Grüße
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!