I am afraid I have been feeling very poorly - typical early autumn flu bug thing....and I still feel bad! Luckily on my blog I work about a month ahead (shame the same can't be said for housework!!!) so I had plenty of blog posts all set up, scheduled to be posted...and to be honest blogging totally got away from me in the awful sick haze....But at some point I was going to have to catch up and as I am nearly left with having nothing to post, it is now time to create and write!
This post is at least an easy one to do because the tag is actually one I made just after getting back from the Ally Pally show....I finally had my much wanted Melt Art pot and I could at last make a porcelain effect rose. I had attempted to make one ages ago...first seeing the technique done by the wonderful Funkie Junkie Linda....I tried to do my own version with the limited stuff I owned - It really doesn't work with anything other than a melt pot...I tried coating each petal in ordinary embossing powder but doing the petals before creating the rose causes the petals to crack and it is impossible to apply embossing ink and powder to a ready made rose...
It is trickier than it looks even using the melt pot...but a lot of fun too! The flowers were the diecut and then edges with Antique Linen DI. The rose was assembled as usual and each section was brushed with the melted UTEE...afterwards each section was stuck together to form the rose.
The tag was covered with some plain white paper that I had wiped some Gathered Twig and Walnut Stain DS over and spritzed with water...I then scrunched it up into a ball before flattening it out and drying with the heat gun - this is a bit tricky as the paper is very delicate when wet, but it makes some gorgeous creases! After it dried I blended some Walnut Stain DI over it and then applied it to a tag.
White Fire Treasure Gold was brushed over the entire tag with a very soft brush, it really highlights all the creases. I added some gold frantage to the bottom of the tag - first time I used it and I didn't apply enough...but it is still a nice effect.
The words were stamped onto card, torn around the edge and Vintage Photo DI blended over it...
a bit of spritz and flick gave a lovely speckled look - I don't use this technique often enough!
A ornate metal embellishment was added to the top and metal leaves attached to the bottom of the tag with the rose...
Hope you like my Porcelain Rose - It certainly doesn't look like it was made from ordinary ivory card....amazing what die cuts and some UTEE will do!
Hope to see you soon!